I forward this book entitled INTRODUCTION TO KNOW ISLAM as an entrance to define it to people who are not aware of it or their awareness is either has a defect, shortcoming or distortion. It is indeed a remembrance and emphasis to him who does not know it. Remembrance is an beneficial to the believer. Such a definition is an essential subsistence with general characteristics, principles objectives, and infallible sources together with the elaboration of the need to religion generally and to Islam particularily.
I hope that what I have written will be sufficient for the contemporary Muslims to understand the major facts in relation to Islam. I also hope that the nourishment of Islamic culture is necessary for Muslim in our age in order to recognize the essence of his religion, free from deviation, distortions and also from the misconstruction of the axorbitant, and His interpretation of the ignorant.
It is possible that a non-Muslim who is interested in getting some knowledge about Islam, be given a true picture concerning the fundamental pillars of religion which God revealed with it the final Book, together with the final Messenger as a mercy to the universe and as an evidence for mankind.
Chapter One: The Need For Religion
- The Meaning
- The Social Need For Moral Motives And Controls
- No Existing Substitute For Religion
- Ethics And Morals
- Moderation In Islam
- Combination Of Stability And Flexibility
- The Construction Of The Righteous Man
- The Construction Of The Righteous Family
- Construction Of The Good Society
- The Cnstructions Of The Righteous Nation
- The Construction Of The Righteous State
- The Glorious Qur'an Is Part And Parcel
- The Applicability Of Sunnah
- Between The Sunnah And The Qur'an
Pages = 445
Auhor = Dr. Yusuf Al-Qaradawy
Publisher = Pustaka Al-Shafa Sdn. Bhd.